{new blog} and some updates

Since there's a million in one chance that you'll happen across my blog and wonder what the heck I'm talking about - much less might have known me in my previous incarnation as "And Sew On" - I'll give a quickie rundown.

Some time ago, I had a blog called
"And Sew On." For a while there, I had oodles of freebies, plans for an eZine dedicated to crafty-sewy goodness (with a healthy emphasis on quilting) and an email list of over 400 sewy-crafty-quilty friends who wanted in on the 'Zine-O-rama. Then, one day in January there-abouts, I disappeared (to those who emailed me, thank you! your emails helped me get through a really rough time!).

Since an explanation is in order, here's what's been going on since January '08:
  1. had a "mild" stroke (more details on that later, if anyone's interested).
  2. laptop with the eZine DIED and died HARD (still recreating everything -- still have every intention of DOING the 'Zine!)
  3. bought a NEW laptop (with two redundant hard drives -- one internal, one external)
  4. did LOTS of drawing and doodling whilst recuperating ... and whilst watching my new lappie chug as it backs up EVERY file to an external drive.
  5. bought a HOUSE!! Yay!!
  6. started working on designing my first dedicated sewing room/design studio (Yay!! 200 sq feet! all MINE!!)
  7. redesigned my blog! Yay!
  8. wrote this post! ;)
Sew, for whatever it's worth, I'm back. And barring any other horrible incident or illness, I'm back for good. And I'm busy designing (ask my hubby) and crafting. I'll have some goodies to share with you soon, I promise.

I really hope you'll stop in and see what I'm up to!

1 comment:

Patty said...

You had a mild stroke? And, a little over two months later, you're back to blogging? Wow, good for you! I love the idea of a zine. How frustrating that you lost all of your hard work. I'm a geek for free embroidery patterns so I know I will be following your blog from now on. I'm glad your back with us. Take care!

Post a Comment